Based in Fort St John working M-F (8 hours per day)
Contract: 12 months, potential extension.
· Plant & well site control system infrastructure management
· System Maintenance and break fix response
· Plant & well site control system Hardware & Software management
· Manage system software licensing, software migration, and system recovery management
· Provide input to process control network topology and architecture design, specification, configuration, testing, start-up, and system support
· Assist with virus and control system application & operating system patching
· Manage the site automation disaster recovery plan
· Maintain software applications on the control network
· Perform Control systems hardware and software maintenance/upgrades.
· Review, test, and deploy migrations to the DCS Systems
· Plant & well site control system Administration
· Control Network Administrator
· Manage System Security
· Manage user logon profiles
· Assist with Firewall & Fibre network administration
· Operations trouble shooting support for day to day plant & well site control system issues
· Perform Control system configuration in support of the Applications Engineering team
· Including Regulatory Control, Advanced Regulatory Control, Graphics and Alarm management
· Work in collaboration with the Calgary Applications team in support of capital projects
· Maintain System documentation in accordance with engineering deliverables and team procedures
· Manage contractors working on automation assets
· Knowledge of continuous & process control, discrete/ sequential control, distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers.
· Knowledge of computer system administration
· Knowledge of SCADA systems and data historians
· Programming experience, C/C , VB, IEC- 61131 five industry standard programming language
· Interpretation of critical documents such as P&ID, shutdown key, electrical drawings, datasheets, instrument index, control system database
· Honeywell Experion PKS DCS & SIS C300/S300 Controllers, Pi Historian
· RTUs including but not limited to Bristol Babcock Controlwave Micro, Flowboss, SCADAPack, and Fisher ROC.
· Rockwell Control Logix PLC, Factory Talk and PanelView HMI
· GE 90-30 PLCs
· ControlNet, DeviceNet, and Fault Tolerant Ethernet industrial communication networks.
· Licensed frequency radio communications systems
· ISA CAP and Cisco CCNA Certifications a plus
· Experience with Microsoft workstation and server OS, networked systems, and Fibre optics
· Based in or near Fort St. John
· Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day work schedule
· Completion of a technologist Diploma, in an instrumentation / computer science related field, or BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent discipline
· 8 years of related industry experience, preferably in gas processing facilities and well sites/pads
· Demonstrated knowledge of industrial safe work practices and standards.
· Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.