Business Solution Architect
The SAP IS Utilities - Business Solution Architect will be responsible for evaluating the organization's business needs and determining end-to-end solutions that align with the organization's goals, and strategy. This role is in the Oil and Energy field and will be working directly with the Business Solution team, responsible to deliver business and solution architecture. The Business Solution Architect will collaborate with enterprise architects, peer architects, application support teams, and vendors to ensure that the right solution is identified, designed, and successfully implemented. The role will be responsible for establishing a thorough understanding of the current state of the business processes, and systems landscape to design the target solution to enable the business to achieve its strategic & operational objectives, ensuring consistency, cost efficiency, and quality.
What You Will Do:
- The Business Solution Architect is accountable to develop and implement innovative, practical end-to-end business solutions. This role will work primarily with SAP S/4 Hana IS Utilities (Master data, Billing, DM, FICA, CCS, CIC, EDM, BDEx), and core modules (SD, MM, FICO) along with its integrations with other applications.
- Work alongside peer solution architects in the areas of Asset Acquire to Retire, and Engineering & Storage. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with Enterprise Architecture (EA) and enterprise shared service teams (Cyber Security, Infrastructure Services, Cloud, Data, innovation labs)
- Ensure proposed solutions are aligned with all EA guidelines including data privacy, security standards, Integration standards, and infrastructure guidelines/standards.
- Work with vendors to assess new technologies, and products; understand vendor delivery approaches working in partnership with EA and VMO.
- Recognize industry technology trends and emerging technologies; assess how they can benefit EGI, in alignment with the technology roadmap and support strategy.
- Support and encourage the importance of technical quality, new technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org through direct leadership and mentoring.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end meter-to-cash capabilities and business processes.
- Requirements gathering facilitation & analysis, Solution design, configuration, custom development, and integration experience with SAP S4 Hana IS Utilities.
- Responsible for project deliverables including, business capabilities, value stream models, business scenarios & functional requirements, business cases, fit-gap analysis, RFPs, statement of work, solution sizing & estimates, solution architecture, detailed design & integration documents, status updates, and executive presentation.
Who You Are:
- 15 years of business solution architecture, digital transformation, solution design, and implementation experience.
- University degree/diploma in a related field, e.g., Computer Engineering, advanced degree considered an asset (MBA or equivalent).
- Expert understanding of solution architecture particularly in Gas Distribution or similar Utility based business application landscape.
- Experience with multiple end-to-end implementations of SAP or similar ERP system in a solution architect role.
- Ability to articulate and influence solutions, ideas, and recommendations to a variety of partners effectively and comprehensibly.
- Deep understanding of SAP IS Utilities (Master data, Billing, DM, FICA, CCS, CIC, EDM, BDEx), Business Processes, Applications, Infrastructure, security architecture, and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, and Availability.
- Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels of the organization
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.