Contract, Commercial Contracts Advisor
Contract: 12 months
About this opportunity:
The Contract Commercial Contracts Advisor will be accountable for reviewing, drafting and negotiating standard and non-standard agreements such as guarantees, confidentiality agreements and various commodity agreements with multiple internal and external stakeholders. The primary focus of this position is facilitating completion of these various agreements with external counterparties. This is a critical front office role which maintains and grows the counterparty base, enabling both transportation and sales optionality in line with commercial strategies.
About our client
A Canadian-based integrated energy company headquartered in Calgary. They are committed to maximizing value by sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative and cost-efficient manner, integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into our business plans.
They operate in Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific region. Their operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, thermal and conventional crude oil and natural gas projects across Western Canada, crude oil production offshore Newfoundland and Labrador and natural gas and liquids production offshore China and Indonesia. The downstream operations include upgrading, refining and marketing operations in Canada and the United States.
Our shares trade under the symbol CVE, and are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Why you'll want to work there.
Safety as a core value
Community Investment activities
Inclusive work environment
Career progression/internal mobility opportunities
Company/team building events
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Accurate and detail-oriented
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Strong work ethic with an ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team
* Strong communication and stakeholder management capability
* Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, with competing priorities
* Ensures timely and accurate execution, management, and retention of incoming and outgoing parental guarantees and confidentiality agreements.
* Ensures timely and accurate execution, management, and retention of various TSL commodities purchase and sale agreements. This includes, but is not limited to, General Terms and Conditions and Master Agreements with various modes of transportation.
* Coordinates with Front Office and its support functions such as Credit, Legal, Tax, Accounting, Insurance, Customs and Risk Compliance ("Support Functions") to: draft, negotiate, review, and amend guarantees and confidentiality agreements and various commodities purchase and sale agreements.
* Interacts directly as the representative with counterparties to complete negotiations of agreements.
* Uses day-to-day knowledge, recognizing trends and identifying new business needs: work with Front Office and its Support Functions in the development and continuous improvement of precedent agreements, one-off contracts, and practices.
* Maintains an evolving knowledge of changing industry practices pertinent to marketing agreement types.
* Ensures proper records documentation and contractual data is maintained in SharePoint the document management system and Egistix and Allegro (ETRMs).
* 5 years related experience in negotiation of guarantees, confidentiality agreements and various commodity purchase and sale contracts
* Legal assistant program and/or legal background would be considered an asset
* Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts
* Experience in execution, management and retention of contracts
* Exceptional understanding of Incoterms
* Proficiency in understanding of legal contractual language
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.