The Senior Construction Manager ensures the full supervision and coordination of certain steps on several ongoing projects: collaboration with subcontractors, Construction relationship, cost and schedule monitoring as well as project team performance management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Construction work planification ( Construction Execution Plans)
* Participate in establishing the project needs;
* Select engineering & construction professionals who will support the projects;
* Establish budgets and schedules;
* Ensure the viability of the project (budget, costs, schedule, client needs, value analysis, etc.);
* Supervise the development of plans, designs and specifications;
* Support the development of a detailed schedule (dates, main construction stages, constraints, work method);
* Finalize plans and specifications;
* Prepare recommendations and awards and obtain the client's approval;
* Organize and facilitate meetings with subcontractors.
* 15 years of relevant work experience in multi-discipline Industrial construction such as Oil and Gas, or Power Generation
* 5 years experience working as a Construction Manager in heavy Industrial Construction, ideally within Pipeline construction
* Managing a multi-discipline team of not less than 20 staff, with proven abilities in resource planning, performance management, target and objective setting, and development of staff
* Professional Engineering an asset
* Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, current construction practices and methodology
* Strong negotiation/management skills
* Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
* Knowledge of financial aspects of project management including estimating, budgeting, cost controls, and reporting. Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs, and identify solutions to non-routine queries using both verbal and writing skills
* Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
* A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching and consensus-building
* Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.