Contract 12 months
Petroplan have recently partnered with a Canadian Oil & Gas company whose operations include oil sands projects along with established natural gas and oil production. The organization are looking for a Construction Supervisor to join the team in Lloydminster.
* You are the owners representative as the prime contractor.
* You are responsible to enforce and maintain safety expectations.
* Ensure proper documentation is in place prior to starting the project.
* Ensure appropriate handover of all documentation if a project is transferred to another CSR.
* Ensure the Job Books are kept up to date throughout the project and returned complete in a timely fashion (two weeks). Ensure contractors are completing proper documentation to supplement the Job Book.
* You are responsible to plan the sequence of construction of events and ensure the selected contractors are scheduled on site.
* Always ensure the use of approved contractors. If it hasn't been identified within the project discuss with your Superintendent.
* Ensure all contractors are working efficiently while meeting safety and quality expectations.
* Site working hours are 10 hour days unless otherwise determined per project. On days off or travel home days you must review with the Construction Superintendent the time required on site for that day.
* You are required to report all incidents and serious near misses/hazard ID's to the Construction Superintendent immediately and then follow up with the incident report in a timely fashion. Consult the CSR Expectations memo for notification requirements per incident type.
* Ensure work authorization permit is in place prior to commencement of work and is signed off at the end of the day or contractor phones when leaving site, and record on the permit.
* You are required to submit your Man-Hours on the Daily Report.
* You are required to do worker observation/LSR verification as defined and email them to Construction Data Entry, the Superintendent and the Construction Safety Rep.
* It is important to understand when you are accepting the controlling authority of a site or when the site is staying within Operations' control and you are acting on their behalf.
* Ensure all contractors receiving a permit have Check Point Permit Holder Training.
* Review Contractor Task Hazard Assessments and sign them.
* Perform THA Assessment as defined.
* Ensure to discuss LSR's that pertain to tasks.
* Ensuring fitness-for-task is considered when authorizing work and that individuals are empowered to speak up if they have concerns (fitness-for-task includes physical ability, physical limitations, mental state, emotional state, fatigue, morale, motivation, stress, high workload, time pressure, poor communication, vague guidance, overconfidence, first time performing task, distraction, first day back following days off, end of work shift, phobias, etc.).
SCOPE/QUALITY ASSURANCE/QUALITY CONTROL
* Follow scope of work and do not deviate without approval from Project Lead or Construction Superintendent. Manage the construction spend to the PO limit as well as approved construction change orders.
* Carry out a P&ID check throughout the job to ensure work is completed as per P&ID. Utilize Request for Information (RFI) with RFI Log.
* You will follow the land line lists and ensure that the landowner conditions are met, and discussions are documented.
* Obtain vendor quotations from contractors at the request of Project Leads or EPCs.
* You are required to ensure all contractors and disciplines utilize ITPs.
* Review the ITP and place hold points, percentage of witness and review steps on the ITP. You are required to work with the contractor to keep the ITP up to date.
* Follow commissioning and Turnover to Operations activities as discussed at the project kick-off meeting. Categorize, resolve and track deficiencies in a timely manner.
* Complete sign off with operations and contractor when job is complete.
* You are required to gather up QA/QC binders and documentation including signed NDE reports, fill them out and turn them in together in a timely manner. You are responsible to review the QA/QC turnover binders and ensure all applicable documentation is included.
* Ensure all NDE technicians have the appropriate certifications for the task.
* You are responsible to issue NCRs and ensure contractors issue NCRs for their specific scope. NCRs need to be logged.
* Ensure contractors are completing all as built and red line drawings and including in the job book.
* You will be required to witness pressure tests and make sure the documents are filled out properly.
* You will ensure welders are prequalified by the contractor and ensure that they are using approved welding procedures that have been accepted.
* You will ensure that the proper material is being installed as per line lists and specifications and is logged. Review and spec. deviations.
* When sending contractors to pick up materials for you, ensure a packing slip is generated and the contractor has received all noted materials.
* Follow the HOG material transfer process and cc the project lead when material transfers are submitted.
* At the end of a job, complete the Project Completion Cleanup Report (spring clean-up or other work) and provide to the project lead and EPC. Submit a copy of the cleanup report in job binder and email to HOG Spring Cleanup. This helps to plan the clean-up work and to forecast final costs.
* You are required to keep all your safety certifications valid and current.
* Ensure that all Safety Rules and Regulations are followed. Always default to the most stringent policies and the Life Saving Rules.
* The ERP must be created, reviewed and distributed to all personnel. Make sure they follow the roles and responsibilities of the ERP.
* Complete ERP Exercises as defined.
* Ensure the Site Sign In is being utilized and the Contractor Orientation is complete.
* Ensure that all workers understand it is their responsibility to Refuse Unsafe Work.
* Ensure contractor's safety tickets are available for the applicable work task and site.
* Ensure you receive a site-specific orientation and hazard assessment from operations and that you communicate this to the contractors. This needs to be documented.
* Ensure all contractors receive the construction and site-specific orientation.
* Make sure daily tailgate meetings take place as scheduled with everyone in attendance. Record minutes and/or items discussed.
* You are required to follow LOTO Policy
* Ensure permits and site-specific hazard assessments are filled out properly.
* Complete daily reports summarizing activities and costs. Daily reports are to be emailed to the Project Lead, Constructions Superintendent, EPC, HOG Daily Construction, and whoever else requires them as discussed in the kickoff meeting. Record all areas of concern, late delivery items, etc. on the daily report.
* Tickets to be signed and returned to the vendor in a timely manner. You are required to fill out the Cost Summary Report or submit tickets to HOG Data Entry for Salesforce entry daily.
* It is required to attach pictures along with daily reports to show events or work on projects.
* You are required to manage a Change Order Log, a Request for Information Log (RFI), and a Non-Conformance Report Log (NCR). Ensure all personnel on site are aware of this expectation.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.