Contracts Specialist III
Contract - 12 months
Location - Calgary
The SCM Specialist, Contract & Sourcing Specialist (CS) is an integral role elevating our requirement for commercial expertise with external suppliers and contractors and developing and maintaining support with internal Business partners. The CS manages, assists, and facilitates pre/post contracting and sourcing activities. The scope covers contract formation through to administration. This role will support the Production Operations teams with category management for Material contracts. In addition, this role includes supply chain support for aviation, logistics and transportation contracts.
Overall Areas of Responsibility
* Provide expertise on commercial content and negotiation support to relevant stakeholders for specific contract development
* Ensure that Supply Chain is represented during the formation of commercial relationships in efforts to achieve optimal value
* Support the development and on-going post-award contract management activities including dispute resolution, claims support, scope of work and compensation agreement amendments
* Provide contracting expertise and guidance to both strategic and routine requirements for various service and material agreements
* Support tactical and technical material & equipment sourcing and procurement
* Participate and influence key stakeholder and supplier negotiations
* Build internal stakeholder relationships to understand their SCM requirements and build fit for purpose strategies that reduce risk, add value, and meet execution requirements
* Provide enhanced metrics and reporting capabilities for ensuring contracting and support implementations are tracked and measured for success and continuous improvement with suppliers
* Ensure initiatives comply with Policies and Procedures.
* Adherence to Supply Chain Policies, standard and the Code of Business Ethics & Conduct
Specific Contract Formation Responsibilities (pre- award)
* Execute vendor pre-qualification process
* Prepare Tender Evaluation Plans
* Prepare commercial contract exhibits
* Prepare and issue RFP documents (i.e., contract exhibits and RFP proposal forms); this includes interfacing with all contract exhibit/proposal form Owners')
* Lead and single point of contact throughout the Tender process
* Lead and facilitate commercial meetings (i.e., RFP kick-off, clarification meetings etc.)
* Lead Terms & Conditions negotiations
* Prepare Recommendation for Award
* Execute Contract Documents
Specific Contract Administration Responsibilities (post award)
* Change Management - review, validate contract change requests, amendments, and claims
* Coordinate with site owners and support functions
* Coordinate proper closeout of assigned contracts per the closeout procedure
* SCM point of contact for internal audits to ensure that all documentation pertaining to the contracts is current and accurate
* Minimum college diploma in Business Administration, Law, or Supply Chain disciplines
* Minimum 5 years of Supply Chain/Contracting experience preferably oil and gas industry
* Enhanced software application skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP)
* Demonstrated knowledge of contracting terms and conditions, clauses, scope of work and compensation schedule development
* Commercial experience / expertise, and strong negotiation planning skills
* Effective time management & strong organizational skills
* Keen attention to detail & adherence to quality work
* Experience with electronic contracting software
* Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build & maintain effective, trusting relationships with internal stakeholders. Strong influence, facilitation & networking ability.
* Participation in IACCM (International Association Contract and Commercial Management) and/or SCMA (Supply Chain Management Association of Alberta) is an asset.
* Significant experience in Contract formation management with demonstrated ability to effectively use procurement and contracting knowledge to add value
* Knowledge of Upstream Canadian exploration and Production operations
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.