Contracts Specialist IV
Location - Calgary
Contract - 12 months
The SCM Contract & Sourcing Specialist (CS) is a Supply Chain professional responsible for strategy process facilitation for Brownfield and Civil projects that will deliver value and competitive advantage and resilient supply chain solutions. The CS will be required to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure business continuity, strategic alignment and facilitate market intelligence/economic evaluations to support project schedules, priorities, and value drivers. The CS leads and manages pre/post contracting and sourcing activities
Overall Areas of Responsibility
* Work closely to manage existing contracts and contractor performance
* Participate as a member of both CPC SC & Projects teams to support the effective execution of SC programs through highly effective cross functional communication & coordination strategies
* Lead/facilitate the development and implementation of procurement and contract strategies for Minor and Brownfield Capital expense requirements
* Develop Brownfield and Minor Maintenance Projects (MMP) strategies that are fit for purpose for multiple stakeholder groups and have an enterprise view
* Ensure compliance with the systems, policies, procedures, and agreements where applicable
* Develop and lead sourcing strategies to align multiple discipline goals and objectives to create value and ensure local and corporate compliance
* Management of TEEPCA JV contract requirements and compliance
* Responsible for supply chain tasks in SMART by GEP (CPC's contracting system) with opportunity to become the teams subject matter expert in SMART.
* Tasks include loading contracts into SMART and drafting contract amendments.
* Responsible for supply chain tasks in SAP (CPC's ERP system) to update supplier outline agreements and purchase orders (PO), including PO reconciliation and close-outs.
* Provide enhanced metrics and reporting capabilities for ensuring contracting and support implementations are tracked and measured for success and continuous improvement with suppliers.
* Minimum college diploma in Business Administration or Supply Chain disciplines
* Five plus years of Oil and Gas experience required in Supply Chain, with a preference for Capital Project Supply Chain/Contracting experience
* Enhanced software application skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP).
* Effective time management & strong organizational skills.
* Keen attention to detail & adherence to quality work.
* Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build & maintain effective, trusting relationships with internal stakeholders. Strong influence, facilitation & networking ability.
* Strong communication skills and comfortable engaging with multiple stakeholder groups and levels in the organization
* Experiences in forming, executing, and administering capital project contracts
* Proven ability to quickly establish stakeholder relationships and demonstrate a collaborative and inclusive work style
* Proven critical problem-solving skills and leveraging broad market intelligence information to inform decisions
* Knowledge of SCM Capital Project, assurance, planning and execution processes
* Strong negotiation and supplier relationships skills
* Strong understanding of the global supply base & emerging markets, which may support both the Canadian SC and various project teams
* Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
* Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.