Damage Prevention Technician
Contract: 18 months
Key take aways:
* Administrative and Field based duties required.
* Driving and travel will be required for site visits to Operational facilities.
* Working outdoors will be a requirement.
* Predominantly 40 hour weeks (M-F) some overtime may be required. (Some weekend coverage might be required)
This role will support the Operations Team safely and effectively manage ground disturbance and damage prevention activities. This person will provide timely reporting, maintain tracking metrics, and represent Operations regarding Third Party agreements. The role is responsible for ensuring all assets are identified and protected against mechanical damage during ground disturbance and that all assets are properly identified. Monthly and weekly reporting of activities will be required.
Maintain compliance In Vehicle Monitoring System requirements.
* Communicate pipeline protection standards and practices to employees and third parties
* Respond to One Call Notifications
* Provide site inspection of activities occurring on or near ROW's to ensure compliance with, and provide enforcement of ROW excavation conditions
* Identify pipeline locations using GI, GPS and line locating equipment
* Inspect ROW to ensure compliance with signage requirements
* Provide reviews to third-party crossing groups
* Analyze, interpret, and utilize graphic and other information contained in drawings or generated by GIS technology
* Conduct quality verifications on locators to ensure compliance and quality is maintained.
* Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
* Technical diploma in related field or Journeyman trade certification preferred
* Class 5 drivers license
* 0-7 years' experience in pipeline operations
* Organized and self-motivated
* Good communication skills
* Line Locating Training
* Ground Disturbance 201 Certification (Ground Disturbance for Supervisors)
* Knowledge of Saskatchewan and Alberta One Call Processes
* Capable of auditing ground disturbance packages and 3rd party agreements
* Knowledge of Microsoft excel, work, outlook, etc.
* Experience working with SAP
* Demonstrated decision making ability and the ability to achieve results using
influence, while responding to first calls.
* Industry Ground Disturbance
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.