Schedule: 7 days on 7 days off. 12 hour days.
Contract: 6 months initially. Potential extension.
The Dispatch Technician is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the fluid movement load plans within the Transportation & Logistics team servicing Heavy Oil and Gas operations. Movement of fluids takes place from the well tank location to either a disposal facility or battery (i.e. end destinations) to include emulsion, produced water, clean oil, and sour product.
* Develop load plans for night and day shifts and verify plans with carriers and against facility capacities and availability (e.g. to balance and optimize). Use operations run sheets, specific computer software, and Excel to develop load plans.
* Coordinate the direction and utilization of disposal and facility capacity with production operations and carriers using procedures and guidelines
* Monitor inventories to obtain levels (%) which meets Transportation dept targets
* Collaborate with Supv. Transportation & Logistics as well as the Field Area Advisors to optimize and improve fluid movement processes, targets, and load plans. Create troubleshooting scenarios for ongoing analysis and review.
* Implement Logistics Emergency Response Procedure during accident or incident
* Valid Driver's License
* A minimum of 2 years fluid hauling-related experience.
* Knowledge of legal land descriptions
* Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong leadership, decision making, and facilitation skills
* Highly motivated, outstanding positive attitude and desire to grow job responsibility
* flexible and adapt easily to changing priorities
* Establish and maintain positive and professional working relationships with operators, carriers, and coworkers
NICE to HAVE:
* Previous safety experience
* Related post-secondary education or diploma from Technical School
* Incident Investigation certification
* Safety courses, training, certifications
* Prior work with Operations and Fluid Haulers
* Auditing experience and/or certification would be an asset
* Incident Investigation experience and/or certification would be an asset
* Working knowledge of SCADA would be an asset
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.