Our Operations group is looking for a District Manager to support our national retail and commercial/cardlock business in Southern Ontario/ (GTA). This role is a fantastic opportunity to further develop and grow your experience in oil and gas.
The District Manager is the primary link between the Retailer and our organization. He or she is responsible for the fuel volume, ancillary sales, and overall profitability of a group of retail and commercial sites in a defined geographic area. Typically, a District Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of roughly 30 sites.
The successful candidate will manage the execution of corporate operational standards, marketing plans, and programs, as well as customer service and Health, Safety and Environment standards. The position is responsible for operations across our retail and commercial network, within a defined geographical region. It is expected that the successful candidate with spends a minimum of 70% of their time in the field.
Key responsibilities may include:
* Developing and managing the retailer relationship * Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers.
* Effectively communicating our corporate business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
* Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to develop action plans for improvement.
* Regularly analyzing site financial and volumetric reports and counseling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
* Limiting our environmental liability by monitoring fuel inventory control procedures/records and reviewing/advising on required infrastructure improvements.
* Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
* Responding to customer concerns as needed
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
* A minimum of five years' experience in the retail gasoline/ convenience industry or retail industry; multi-unit management would be considered an asset.
* A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent * Proven business, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills * Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to analyze financial and volumetric data * Self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines with minimal supervision * Demonstrated ability to creatively identify, develop and qualify business opportunities * Above average presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) in English. French is an asset * Attention to detail, superior organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task * Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, dedication, and success in previous endeavors.
* A driver's abstract will be required
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.