Emergency Response and Oil Spill Advisor
- Coordinate the development of emergency response plans, ensure alignment and integration of those plans with corporate policies, and ensure the needs of other key stakeholders are met,
- Develop, implement, support and instruct management and staff in emergency management techniques, including organization and facilitation of training and exercises,
- Maintain emergency response centre and team readiness,
- Support the provision and maintenance of offshore oil spill response equipment, including the management of response contractors,
- Stay engaged in current and emerging regulatory compliance issues, industry standards, and best practices relating to emergency response and oil spill equipment and preparedness.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in Environmental or Marine Sciences or equivalent,
- Five years of related experience in emergency management and oil spill response in the offshore oil and gas industry,
- Completion of the Marine Spills Response Operations Course (MSROC) or equivalent,
- An understanding of the Incident Command System (ICS) emergency response structure, including completion of ICS 100 and 200 at a minimum.
- Knowledge of offshore oil spill planning and response, including equipment deployment and strategies (e.g., mechanical containment and recovery, spill treating agents, etc.),
- Knowledge of the techniques associated with the cleaning and rehabilitation of oiled seabirds,
- Ability to complete technical evaluations of best management practices and technologies for oil spill response and make recommendations for implementation,
- Knowledge of critical incident stress management, emergency notifications and crisis communication,
- Excellent presentation, written communication, group facilitation and training skills,
- Knowledge of corporate and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Position is based onshore in an office environment,
- The position will be required to support On Call Emergency Response Team,
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change,
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary integrated team environment,
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships and manage conflict.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.