In the role of Environmental Specialist, you will be an integral part of the regulatory team responsible for implementing the overarching regulatory, permitting and environmental compliance strategy for the Project. The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Regulatory Manager and will support the development and execution of the project post-Environmental Assessment and throughout the construction phase of the Project
The successful applicant:
* Lead the construction monitoring activities associated with project execution including pre-construction activities
* Collaborates with construction teams to plan activities in compliance with project permits and environmental management requirements.
* Responsible for the review of construction scopes against regulatory requirements, commitments, permit conditions, and Environmental Management Requirements
* Review and provide input into scopes of work, bid packages and contractor environmental protection plans and method statements.
* Monitor compliance to permit conditions, legal requirements and Environmental Management Requirements through data collection, records management field inspections, focused assessments and audits.
* Support execution contractor with investigations of environmental incidents.
* Participate in the site environmental sampling programs
* Works independently and in a cross-disciplinary team environment.
* Participates in the development of standards, guidelines and program execution as they relate to Environmental policies, procedures, standards
* Interacts and interfaces with contractors, consultants and Indigenous Monitors Assists the Company's activities towards its sustainability goals;
* Demonstrates a personal commitment to influence overall safety behavior and a culture of environmental compliance; demonstrates 100% compliance with company HSES policies and guidelines.
* Degree in environmental science, biology, or related field of study and 8 years applicable experience. Suitable experience may also be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Knowledge of local, provincial and federal environmental regulations.
* Willingness to work safely outside on site in all weathers
* Strong and demonstrated experience implementing and comply with project permits and environmental management requirements.
* Strong organization skills, ability to manage, track and record multiple tasks and a heavy workload;
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
* Expertise with a variety of computer programs (e.g. MS Office);
* Motivated and willing to take ownership of tasks;
* Energetic in pursuit of continuous improvement processes;
* Shares knowledge readily and encourages personal development;
* Available for business travel as required by company; and
* A valid BC driver's license and passport - this role will be based in our Vancouver office but will involve travel to and from Squamish, BC and Indigenous Communities.
* Experience in marine, water, wildlife and contaminated soils management during construction phase of major project
* Previous working experience on large natural resource or infrastructure projects
* Excellent skills in project management, technical writing, construction planning and execution monitoring.
* Experience working with Indigenous Groups in BC and/or communities across Canada
* Experience in working for a project owner/operator and through construction phase;
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.