- Job Overview: As a member of the Refining & Logistics Finance Team, you will play an integral role in carrying out finance and planning activities for the refinery, being responsible for financial analysis, forecasting, planning and performance reporting.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Assist with preparation and development of monthly performance management reports for the RLT, cost center owners, and finance stakeholders
- Coordinate and deliver the forecast, budget and business planning deliverables, presenting to RLT and cost center owners
- Effectively communicate financial performance, strategies and drivers to the refinery leadership team (RLT) and finance stakeholders
- Identify and understand key business value drivers and performance metrics
- Assist with month-end close following IFRS accounting standards, including journal entry processing, to ensure accurate and SOX compliant financial reporting
- Manage large amounts of financial data to evaluate refinery performance against appropriate points of comparison.
- Collaborate with internal groups, (Maintenance, Supply Chain, etc.) to provide financial insights resulting from business activities (maintenance work, warehouse inventory, etc.)
- Provide support to the broader Controllers team to centralize & standardize accounting activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry and market dynamics
- Required Qualifications/ Experience and Education:
- 5 years of related financial/accounting experience, including business analysis and synthesis of financial and qualitative data from multiple sources
- Undergraduate university degree in business, accounting, finance or a related field
- Professional designation such as a CPA or MBA a plus
- Skills and Knowledge:
- You work cohesively in a team environment, collaborating and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Strong analytical skills; ability to process a large amount of data, extract and communicate insights
- Self-motivated and the ability to identify improvements to the status quo and recommend solutions
- Adaptable to change with the ability to balance competing priorities and produce high-quality deliverables under tight timelines with limited data
- Strong Microsoft skills, as well as SAP reporting, and business planning tools is an asset
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.