Requisition Title: Lab Sampling Technician
Location: Foster Creek
Contract: 12 months
Schedule: 7 days on 7 days off. 11-12 hour days. Fly in fly out Calgary or Edmonton
Perform sampling tasks throughout the plant site, field and off sites to support critical and core analysis for our operations, ensuring these samples are representative of the source. The Lab Sampling Technician will carry out routine and non-routine lab sampling of waters, sweet and sour gases and oils. The Lab Sampling Technician may also be required to maintain all Operations satellite labs by ensuring instruments are calibrated. They will also provide additional support by assisting in the lab with routine lab testing whenever their primary sampling tasks have been completed and/or laboratory workload is not able to be maintained due to lab technologist vacation/temporary vacancy.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
* Support lab operation, safety and environmental systems
* Support stake holders on projects, R&D and operations optimization
* Troubleshoot plant process/sampling issues
* Look for and lead efforts to improve processes and procedures as it relates to position
* Carry out routine and non-routine lab sampling
* Communicate with Operations on plant issues impacting sampling and safety
* Ensure proper safety protocols are in place and in practice when performing duties
* Identify issues that impact safety, environment and/or production
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.