Our Client has an immediate need for a Material Manager located in Leduc, AB. The Material Manager is accountable for the production planning, scheduling and material purchasing functions through the leadership and management of their team.
If you are a passionate professional that likes to work in an autonomous, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
What's In It For You
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package including a company paid pension plan with medical, dental, vision and more starting day one of employment!
What You Will Do
Establish plant level metrics to measure work processes related to inventory management, production planning, and scheduling, and report on Team performance
- Monitor metrics, risks, and issues; and look for work process improvement opportunities, and initiate related projects, acting as a project sponsor or project manager
- Work with members of the Plant Management Team to improve Plant safety, service, and savings goals, and other continuous improvement activities, including internal audit and management systems
- Work with members of the Canadian Supply Chain team, Global Supply Chain Team and Marketing, Sales and RD&E functions on common goals and projects
- Be accountable for supervision of a team of 5 to 7 direct reports, including administration of all performance and talent and succession management processes, including employee engagement and team development, and job specific and cross-functional training
- Administer all knowledge management of work processes, procedures, job instructions related to areas of responsibility
- Communicate and report activities related to responsibilities, as listed above across the Canadian Supply Chain and within the global Corporate organization, with routine external communications with vendors, suppliers, and contractors, and some external communications with customers
Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or a technical discipline
- 6 years' experience in operations management, preferably in a production or manufacturing environment
- Experience with production planning
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience managing or leading a small to mid-sized team
Certification in Supply Chain or Operations Management and/or P.Eng.
- Previous experience in the energy industry
- Exposure to ERP and scheduling tools including SAP experience
- Familiarity with Lean practices
- Ability to think strategically and lead projects to drive growth and efficiencies
Past exposure to managing budgets and financial responsibilities
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.