The Mechanical Engineer facilitates the design and development of technical projects and reports from a mechanical perspective, ensuring the quality, integrity, safety, and regulatory compliance of projects. In addition, the Mechanical Engineer prepares and modifies mechanical designs and provides support and troubleshooting assistance for site activities and plant mechanical issues at the Medicine Hat methanol manufacturing facility.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing technical projects related to piping, vessels, rotating equipment and other mechanical equipment utilizing the Manufacturing Capital Management Process (MCMP) procedure to progress a project from initiation to completion
- Utilizing the Management of Change (MOC) procedure to assess and progress temporary and permanent changes on the plant
- Preparing, reviewing and maintaining mechanical standards and specifications for projects
- Managing contract engineering services related to mechanical modifications and upgrades
- Providing mechanical and piping designs for modifications and upgrades made to the plant
- Reviewing and verifying the mechanical design integrity of equipment
- Supporting materials selections to minimize costs and maximize facility reliability and maintainability
- Supporting the Maintenance and Operations departments with respect to equipment maintenance issues and emergency changes
- Ensuring pipe specifications for the site remain current
- Ensuring compliance with Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA) requirements related to pressure equipment, and actively promoting compliance with Methanex policies, procedures, and applicable standards with engineering, construction, and construction support contractors
- Leading or participating in site hazard reviews and tap root analysis activities
- Actively participating as a member of the Local Reliability Team
- In order to qualify for this role, you will need an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering, along with previous mechanical engineering and project management experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) is preferred, along with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- You have familiarity with industry codes and regulations and mechanical engineering practices, along with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- As our ideal candidate, you will have excellent communication, and interpersonal skills, which will ensure that you have a strong ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Your collaborative nature and your prioritization, organization, and detail-oriented skills will ensure your success in this role, as you work effectively amongst competing priorities and deadlines.
- You have a customer-focused attitude with a dedication to exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers, along with demonstrated respect for and sensitivity to cultural differences. In addition, you possess sound judgment demonstrated by an ability to make valuable decisions and recommendations based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, and experience.
- Above all, you are adaptable and motivated, with a demonstrated ability to consistently exceed identified goals, and superior analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, along with an ongoing commitment to professional development.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.