May 2021 to May 2023
4 hours per week
Bilingual French & English
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Pre-employment examinations as required
- Periodic examinations as required
- Supervision of first aid delivered by the Medical Department nurse
- Evaluation of employee radiological and laboratory examinations as required
- Consultation and referral of cases involving non-occupational diseases to the attending physician and specialist as required
- Upkeep and retention of medical records as required
- Workplace inspections as required
- Participation in environmental studies as required
- Participation in accident investigations as required
- Recommendations concerning product safety
- Representations to the health and safety committee
Training and information
- Supervision and training of the staff appointed to provide first aid
- Participation in the industrial accident and occupational disease prevention program
- Personal health advice to employees
- Assistance in ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Contact with government services, the CSST and Sante' Publique
- Contact with universities and other teaching settings
- Management of medical and paramedical staff
- Medical policy advice
- Adaptation to medical policies
- Representation with the CSST, medical arbitration (CLP)
- Medical advisor to legal counsel
- Assistance in arbitration cases with a medical starting point
- A licensed physician in good standing
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial setting such as a refinery, gas plant, petrochemical facility
- An understanding of health and safety in a workplace setting
- Comfortable adhering to regulatory requirements
- Excellent people skills and comfortable working in refinery setting.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.