Duration: 1 year
- Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices Solves complex problems
- Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization Progression to this level represents a candidate who would be suitable for transitioning to a full Project Management role.
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel.
- Leads project teams. Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering
- P. Eng. with APEGA
- 10 years working experience, including 2 years of relevant construction or project experience. Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
- Experience in an EPC firm or owner organization with a major projects department and project controls function.
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Expert user of Primavera P6 software. Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in project planning and scheduling and considered an industry leader in the field.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation. Competency Demonstration: Seen as a Project Controls expert across Major Project department.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.