The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for key engineering elements during the project's design, construction, start-up, and commissioning phases.
* Functioning in a multi-discipline engineering environment including leading activities such as: stakeholder engagement, alternative selection, Value Improving Practice (VIP), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), action management, obtain project funding, and championing the project through to completion utilizing the project delivery model.
* Provide project status updates to key stakeholders including dashboards, monthly updates, or ad-hoc presentation requests.
* Interfacing with internal or external discipline engineering teams for design and selection.
* Facilitating multiple contracts for discipline construction work inside an operating plant * Responsible to define & manage project schedule(s) and cost(s) with support from project control roles.
* Co-coordinating all phases of the engineering, procurement and construction cycles including management of expenditures within approved budget and Total Installed Cost (TIC) value.
* Provide engineering support to the construction management group as required.
* Provide commissioning & start up support as required.
* Provide engineering work packages for implementing tie-in's during a plant turnaround.
* Complies with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
* A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technologist's Diploma
* APEGGA or APEGS professional designation
* Technologists to be eligible for registration with ASET & SASTT
* Demonstrated proficiency in general mechanical design * 5 years' experience in process manufacturing
* Minimum 5 years' experience in general engineering in an industrial setting such as oil sands upgrading, heavy oil upgrading, petrochemical or refinery industries
* 5 years' experience in multi discipline project management in an industrial setting
* Knowledge of relevant ASME codes such as ASME B 31.1/B31.3/Sec 8 Div. 1/Sec 8 Div. 2, etc.
* Knowledge of piping design and piping material specifications including a basic understanding of industrial plant QA/QC requirements.
* Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and MS Project * Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and leadership skills
* Project Management Professional certification with PMI * SAP experience would be an asset * Good working knowledge of project delivery methods and practices
Job Posting Start Date: 2021-05-17
Job Posting End Date: 2022-05-16
Business Unit: Major Project Delivery
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.