Job Overview: The Project Manager Finance is accountable to provide overall program support to the VP Controllers Leadership Team (CLT) and their direct reports in driving consistent standards, processes, reporting and tools in support of the reorganization of accountabilities within the Controllers department. Reporting to the GM Downstream Finance, the Manager is accountable for managing the planning and implementation of aligning work accountabilities for the future in accounting, finance & planning, invoicing and payables. They will work with multiple teams across North America as the company works to centralize work into its Calgary head office. The Manager will have primary responsibility to identify and prioritize the realignment of accountabilities working with all stakeholder groups. They will also help identify and implement more immediate improvement opportunities in processes and procedures.
- the program to identify all work that requires reorganization based on the Controllers mandate of consolidating work in areas with aligned capability requirements (i.e. Accounting separate from Finance and Planning). Establish integrated project plan meeting timelines aligned with Northern Lights:
- Present updates on program health to program stakeholders to ensure continuous alignment to the program delivery.
- Proactively identify and manage program for risks, issues, and dependencies to keep the program on cost and schedule commitments.
- Manage program scope/ timelines changes using an established change process.
- Support the creation of delivery of program management best practices, tools, and ways to drive efficiency in order to reduce costs and add value.
Provide overall status reporting for the Northern Lights Program Management Office and CLT.
Build strong relationships within a matrix environment to deliver on the program:
- Identify the required resource base and structure to deliver on the project.
- Manage stakeholders/team members and hold them accountable to delivering results as expected on the project
- Engage stakeholders in decision-making regarding the execution, risk management, and operationalization of the program.
Create collaborative partnerships with project sponsors and stakeholders to enable resource demand planning, change management, and program and project planning decisions.
Experience and Education:
- 7 yrs business experience
- Experienced professional with background in process development, and management of change or improvement initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in business or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
- Professional Accounting designation is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have sufficient leadership presence to integrate and drive alignment at the Controllers and Director leadership tables.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal skills and facilitation skills across all levels.
- Strong stakeholder integration and management
- Experience managing relationships with internal business customers and within the team
- Facilitation skills to run effective meetings related to governance, project reviews, steering committees, etc. where they need to obtain buy-in and participation from key stakeholders.
- Influencing without authority.
- Natural curiosity and questioning attitude to challenge status quo.
- Can manage and resolve issues and risks and escalate appropriately as required
- Sound knowledge of key financial and business processes and reporting requirements
- Sound knowledge of project management core competencies (ie. scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, resource management, etc).
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of the functional and business strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate across groups.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with a remote leader and handle multiple deliverables at the same time.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.