Location: Calgary or Lloydminster
Contract term: 12 months
The Project Scheduler is responsible to proactively keep up to date and communicate schedules for all EWR's assigned to the Lloydminster Project Engineering Team, supporting the group in delivery of on time projects and forecasting. You will interface with project engineers, production engineers, , construction teams, commissioning teams, and operators to gather information and update progress.
* Creating Project Schedules
- Developing schedules when a project is kicked off
- Determining the tasks involved in the project and setting durations
- Assigning resources to activities
- Assigning the proper calendar to the activities
- Set up predecessors and run scheduler to show impact of timelines
* Creating Resource Schedules
- Using the resource assigned to activities, maintain and update construction schedules
* Updating Schedules
- Keeping the schedules up to date through meetings and daily interaction with project engineers
- Confirming task completion in Appian and SAP
- Seeking project information from other parties involved
- Attend regularly scheduled update project meetings
- Summarizing the schedules to push the info throughout EPPM P6
- Setting baselines
* Communicating Tasks and Deadlines
- Posting current construction schedule to SharePoint and project schedules to folder
- Sending schedules to project engineers and EPC's after project kickoff
- Create and send upcoming task lists to the project engineers and EPC's
- Have regular meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Send notes from stakeholder meeting to project engineers and EPC's.
- Attend update meetings with EPC's
- Post the current dashboards to SharePoint
- Weekly milestone Report
- Weekly construction Schedule
* Weekly project and construction schedule reports that support FEP project and program delivery
* Develop individual project Schedules
* Coordinate monthly KPIs and uploads
* Project initiation and close out
- 5-7 years related experience in project scheduling
- A minimum of 7-10 years related experience on projects in the energy industry
- Superior working knowledge of Primavera P6 and EPPMP6 and advanced skills in MS Office Products (Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency with planning, forward pass, critical path, resource loading and related
- Team player with the proven ability to collaborate and communicate across business functions to achieve goals
- Excellent problem solving and facilitation skills with ability to plan, prioritize and deliver quality results.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the oil & gas industry
Nice to have:
- Experience developing reports with Power BI (or other) reporting tools.
- Familiar with all aspects of multi-disciplined projects involving engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning requirements.
- A degree or technical diploma in engineering
- Formal training in scheduling or project management
- Formal training in project management
- Project Scheduling Professional (PSP) designation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.