Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Squamish - Site
Quality Engineer to champion its quality management program during the pre-construction and construction phases of the project. The successful candidate reports directly to Quality Manager and will play a part in supporting the company's project team through the construction phase of the project.
This position will require the individual to function with minimal supervision and be proactive in ensuring quality in all spheres. The position will require close interaction with the company's Project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Construction execution teams to ensure successful execution of the Company's Quality Management program.
- Be the quality focal point for fabrication and construction site activities.
- Manage and guide the QA/QC activities during the execution of pre-construction and construction work in a manner that achieves the project quality requirements within the Quality Standards, Cost, and Schedule targets set by the Company.
- Ensure that all actions, works, and services undertaken by Contractors and subcontractors are in accordance with the respective Contractual Agreement.
- Assess construction / installation work process and work product verification, (e.g. perform site QC surveillance, participate in Mechanical Completion process, and monitor specification deviations).
- Prepare site related project quality system management documentation
- Identify trends, assist and work with Contractor to minimize nonconformance situation.
- Implement the Execution Assurance program at site in accordance with the project specifications and procedures
- Monitor quality control performance, coordinate project quality metrics and reporting, and provide quality metrics as requested by Quality Manager
- Monitor independently the construction work to ensure job compliance in accordance with project specifications.
- Provide technical guidance to field inspection personnel as required
- Review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system, propose recommendations and implement improvements
- Conduct Quality surveillance audits during the pre-construction and construction execution phases with timely management reporting.
- Ensure that QA/QC culture is visible across all projects at all levels.
- Provide inputs to the collection of Lessons Learned for the project.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent with 10 years' experience in a quality management position on capital construction projects in the oil/gas industry.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing project quality systems that meets the requirements of ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems.
- Experience in managing large-scale capital projects including early civil works by performing regular audits and critical inspections as and when required.
- Ability to facilitate workshops to lead the project team through development of project quality procedures and programs.
- Has clearly demonstrated strong Quality Assurance competence.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment in both national and international team environments
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Expertise in Welding, NDT systems and ISO auditing is preferred.
- Have good, computer and communication skills.
- Squamish Area resident preferred or live locally within 30 minutes-1hr drive is preferred.
- A valid driver's licence and passport.
- Must be comfortable with Marine type environment as site is remote and travel daily is by boat only and is approximately 7km from Squamish.
- This role will be a combination of office and site-based role.
- The position is based at our site in Squamish, BC. There may be occasional travel to a local engineering office in the Vancouver area, the EPC contractor's office in Houston or to the Company's Vancouver Office.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.