Midstream has a position for a Regulatory Compliance Advisor based in the Calgary corporate office Tuesday to Thursday and flexibility to work from home Monday and Fridays. There will be moderate travel to our field offices in Lloydminster and Hardisty. While reporting to the Regulatory and Environmental Compliance and Document Control Manager, the successful candidate will support regulatory and environmental compliance activities and requirements. This position will ensure the Midstream team meets all regulatory and environmental commitments and compliance requirements. This position is a one year term and has potential to become a full-time permanent position.
Our ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of Saskatchewan and CER's Regulatory and Environmental pipeline framework and experience with audits.
* Research, track, and communicate the impact of new and amended legislation and regulation changes to internal stakeholders;
* Gather data and information from variety of sources and analyze data critically with aim of building a comprehensive compliance requirement spreadsheet to be used as an audit tool;
* Review Major Projects Pipeline regulatory applications and filings and ensuring a high degree of accuracy and completeness;
* Conduct Environmental approval / license reviews and, if necessary, prepare amendments for corrections to accurate reflect Operational compliance;
* Perform analytical work to support Operations and maintain operational licenses, permits, orders, and approvals;
* Communicate and track associated compliance conditions and obligations to various SME's;
* Maintain Project Legal Registry log, including identification of task owners, frequency and due dates;
* Maintain Operational Regulatory compliance log, verify evidence, and file all necessary documents;Assign, Track and Verify Regulatory Compliance Tasks in Enablon;
* Support regulatory audits, information requests, incident response for non-compliance events, by gathering various sources of data and evidence and coordinating with SME's;
* Develop processes and/or procedures to meet regulatory obligations;
* Document management, including filing of regulatory correspondence and management of data systems;
* Regular maintenance and organization of the Regulatory SharePoint Site and filing structure.
* 5 years of related industry experience with a degree in engineer, environmental, geology, legal or any related discipline
* Strong understanding of CER and Saskatchewan (MOE and MER) regulatory framework;
* Experience with Regulator audits (AER, CER, MOE, MER)
* Experience building, tracking and maintaining compliance logs
* High attention to detail and organization skills
* Highly developed verbal and written communication skills;
* Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint) and industry applications (Abadata, Accumap, DDS, Sharepoint, SAP, Enablon, etc.);
* Self-starter who is able to deal with multiple deadlines
* Can quickly grasp compliance requirements, regulations, engineering design, operational, and integrity concepts and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders;
* Willingness to travel to field locations.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.