Location: Calgary. Edmonton or Oakville
The Rotating Specialist (Contract) role will report to Manager Maintenance and Reliability (M&R). The selected candidate will be required to:
- Provide technical recommendations and field guidance to the operators, craft millwrights and contractors supporting troubleshooting, repairs and optimization of rotating equipment. These assets include API 610 pumps, mechanical seals, motors and compressors, amongst others.
- Analyze equipment history and develop gap closure plans and initiatives for bad actors
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams (CFTs) to track and trend rotating equipment performance using industry-accepted key performance indicators (MTBR, MTBF, LOV)
- Develop condition-based monitoring programs (lubrication, vibration) for improving the reliability of rotating equipment
- Lead or facilitate investigations and corrective actions for rotating equipment, as required
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical reviews of datasheets, drawings and asset criticalities to the engineering and project teams, as required
- Support the development of fit-for-purpose maintenance repair procedures, checklists and audit processes.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a Red Seal millwright (industrial mechanic)
- At least 10 years of experience working with rotating equipment in the petroleum or utilities industry (refinery, upgrader, terminals, SAGD facilities, power plants)
- Demonstrated experience developing bad actor programs and rotating equipment KPIs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and SAP
- Strong understanding of maintenance and reliability processes & principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build trust and engagement with operations and maintenance personnel
- Ability to work independently and efficiently remotely, and travel to site as required (up to 50% travel)
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the Minimum Qualifications)
- At least 3 years of field-based troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis of rotating equipment
- Knowledge of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) practices
- Training in lubrication analysis (Level I/II) and vibration analysis (Level I/II)
- Familiarity with the GE APM applications suite
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.