Senior Advisor Tax
Job Overview: Reporting to the Manager of Tax Reporting, you will be responsible for
- Key Accountabilities:
- Assist with all aspects of the monthly and quarterly tax provision process including: preparation of the tax provision inputs to assist with tax bookings, review of tax booking results and preparation of the internal tax provision and financial stewardship reporting
- Preparation and review of tax disclosures in quarterly external reporting
- Review and advise on results and inputs of quarterly forecasts, long range plans and any other ad hoc budgets
- Interface with external auditors, including the preparation of responses to resolve external reporting queries
- Monitor, assess and apply changes in tax legislation and IAS 12 that may impact the company
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to advance efficiencies through tax technology and transformation
- Assist with ad hoc research or projects
- Required Qualifications/ Experience and Education:
- Minimum five years of financial and tax accounting work experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Completion of recognized accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA, CGA)
- In-depth tax course level 1 and 2 completed with level 3 completion preferable
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of tax provisions and reporting combined with advanced analytical and financial accounting skills
- Self- starter, with high attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet financial reporting deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to effectively handle a diverse workload
- Problem solver utilizing critical thinking, good judgment, and proven ability to make decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex tax concepts
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with various internal and external stakeholders involved in the tax accounting and reporting process
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in excel and a working knowledge of SAP is considered an asset for this role
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.