Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Location: Grande Prairie
Contract: initial 12months, with a view to extend
14/14 Rotation, 12 hours/day
Rate: $950 per day - IC rate
No accommodation available - Local candidate preferred, or someone is willing to cover costs of accommodation
The primary responsibilities of the H&S Advisor role include:
* Providing H&S technical guidance to Field Operations.
* Coaching & mentoring site leaders on H&S leadership, building and sustaining H&S capacity in front-line teams, and collaborating with site leadership to meet and/or exceed safety metrics outlined in the business performance contract.
* Supporting and/or leading incident investigations to ensure that root causes are identified, and that site leadership own and drive the actions to prevent reoccurrence.
* Collaborating with the business to share best practices and lessons learned.
* Supporting the implementation of OIMS ( Operations Integrity Management System), assisting the business in developing and implementing gap closure plans, and verifying that assurance/self-verification programs are functioning as designed.
* Fostering collaboration between the business, the deployed H&S team and the Central H&S team, leveraging the Technical Authorities and multi-disciplinary support as a conduit for communication.
* Delivering on the yearly strategic goals and objectives laid out in the Deployed H&S performance contract.
* Providing an independent view of risk from the business and intervening, if required, based on the risk identified.
* Possesses strong Health & Safety management system technical knowledge
* Requires detailed knowledge of all CVE H&S standards, processes, and procedures
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Provide direct support functions regarding the interpretation of applicable OHS Legislation, Industry standards & practices, internal Management System Standards, H&S program components and worker training requirements
* Provide annual support functions with their development of H&S management plans and business plan goals, objectives, and valid KPIs
* Respond to requests for H&S support from field based operational teams and/or functional leaders
* Participate in risk management activities such as hazard and risk assessments, risk mitigation plan development / review, and audits & inspections
* Participate as H&S representative on project teams and committees as required
* High proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.)
* Active involvement in incident investigation to prevent reoccurrence
* Understand the capabilities and functionality of H&S systems including Intelex, ISNetworld, Power BI, TapRoot, and SharePoint
* Oversight and guidance of Health and Safety technicians
* Able to make decisions under tight timelines and multiple pressures
* Searches for understanding and to find new and appropriate solutions
* Demonstrates learning from both success/failure
* Demonstrates clear understanding of various levels of communication (understands what the issue is, what's behind the issue)
* Knows when and how to compromise and finds solutions to resistance and setbacks
* Willingness to champion ideas, initiatives or position within the organization.
* Nature of the position requires the ability to influence the thinking and actions of others without exercising direct authority
* Education level, certifications, licenses - i.e. PEng, Steam Ticket etc.
* Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
* Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent experience is an asset
* A Class 5 (non-GDL) driver's license, or equivalent, is required
* Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, Diploma, or Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution is an asset
* Minimum 5 years of Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigations is required
* Minimum 5 years performing safety audits and inspections is required
* Root Cause Analysis certification (ie: TapRoot) is an asset
* Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent is an asset
* Process safety related training (PHA/HAZOP, LOPA, P&ID Interpretation) is an asset
* Working knowledge of SAP or other Enterprise software is an asset
* Certified Safety Professional or Canadian Registered Safety Professional preferred
* Major project, Well Delivery, SAGD Operations, and Safety Management systems development/understanding experience is essential
* Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in H&S, including demonstrable experience in driving industry leadership in Health & Safety performance and working collaboratively with various leadership levels within the organization to achieve desirable outcomes
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.