The selected candidate will work in the Operational Technology group and will utilize their expertise to support and enhance existing real-time applications, as well as develop new opportunities that will leverage our client's refinery-wide wireless network all in support of safe, reliable, production.
- Support and enhance the integrity and reliability of a wide range of computer-based systems and applications supporting field devices, advanced process control, real-time optimization, the refinery lab information system, as well as the refinery data historian
- Coordinate OT infrastructure work for sustainment or project related through the Digital Technology demand process
- Provide technical support and direction to Operations, Maintenance & Reliability, Engineering, and other Sarnia-based teams in the OT space leveraging wireless technology
- Build strong positive relationships while coordinating with other teams both Sarnia based and in other locations
- A college diploma with ten years of related / equivalent industrial experience or a university degree in an OT related discipline (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Engineering) and seven years of related experience
- Experience with data historians e.g. PHD, IP21, PI
- Strong computer and systems knowledge encompassing networking, communication protocols, firewall and switch configuration, operating systems, virtualization, and advanced programming/scripting concepts
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Experience in a real-time processing environment e.g. refining, petrochemicals
- Experience with dash boarding toolsets e.g. XHQ
- Familiarity with instrumentation, DCS/SCADA systems, and Cyber-Security
- Experience with wireless communication in a production facility
- Highly motivated individual with continuous improvement attitude, strong analytical skills and decision-making capacity
- A self-starter with proven written, verbal, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Solid leadership, integrity and strong communication skills to interact with all levels of leadership
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.