Senior Project Controls Analyst
Job Overview: As we continue execution of projects, there is a requirement for a Project Controls Analyst with primary focus on process improvements and developing proof of concepts as part of the Project Controls Centre of Excellence (PC COE) team within the Projects group. This position will report directly to the Project Controls Manager, COE Central Reporting and will support our continued journey of advancing our analytic capabilities to drive efficiency through the implementation of standardized processes and tools.
* Understand current Project Controls systems and procedures to implement and maintain control over technical quality of cost and schedule control work performed by Project Controls project teams.
* Provide guidance and support as required to project teams on Project Controls processes (i.e. project setup, progress and performance, cost, planning and scheduling, change management, forecasting, and reporting).
* Collaborate with counterparts like PC Project teams, Market Intelligence, Regional Development, Construction, Supply Chain, Finance, and Project Governance to align on reporting requirements and establish consistent data requirements to support standard reporting.
* Maintain a high level of technical expertise in the Project Controls systems and tools.
* Perform advanced analytics on schedule, cost, and progress and performance data across various projects.
* Provide input to Project Controls Standards and Procedures for continuous improvement.
* Assist in the implementation and refinement of standardized reporting templates and processes.
* Ability to innovate, challenge the status quo, and adapt to changing situations to identify opportunities to eliminate non-productive time using technology.
* Coordinate the preparation, consolidation, and analysis of project monthly reports using Power BI and assume responsibility for its overall accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
* Accountable for ensuring month end PC processes occur and validate data alignment between PC systems (EcoSys, SAP, Gensight)
* Respond to ad-hoc requests from senior leaders as required.
* We are committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
* Demonstrate Corporate Values and Operational Discipline Behaviours.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
* Excellent computer skills, MS Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Business Applications (Power BI, Power Automate, Lists), Primavera®, EcoSys, and SAP. MS Access, MS SQL Language and other database platforms.
* Minimum 5 years of Project Controls experience in the oil and gas sector.
* EPC and Owner experience a definite asset.
* Apply a working knowledge of key project controls concepts, functions, processes, principles, standards, and policies.
* Can identify and resolve common problems and identify impacts of actions, risks, and opportunities by displaying analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
* Can apply skill to a range of tasks, working without supervision in routine, well-defined situations.
* Good interpersonal, analytical, organizational & communication skills; both written and verbal, and positive teamwork approach with cross-functional partnership and collaboration. * Collaborate with others to develop competency, pursue learning opportunities, and share knowledge with others.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.