- Term (start and end date): 1 year although likely to be extended; Start date Sept 27th
- Schedule: Standard 5x2, 40 hour work week
- Job Overview: This position is responsible for Cost Estimating projects within the company. This includes new construction and sustaining projects. The successful candidate will be required to work with the other estimators within the group preparing and reviewing costs estimates. This candidate will work on scoping level, Stage 2 and FEED level of estimates. The cost estimator will be proficient in all estimating disciplines, understand Fabrication, module shop and site construction procedures and standards. Be responsible to roll up discipline estimates into the main summary sheets, benchmark with other projects and be proficient in presenting their scope of work. The estimator must be experienced in both Brownfield and Greenfield projects.
- Practice, implement and shared values
- Key Accountabilities: Ensure that the estimates produced adhere to the Estimating standards and procedures as outlined by the PC Governance.
- Challenge Project teams for alternatives to improve project performance, reduce project costs
- Provide mentoring / guidance to other team members and extended teams.
- The estimator will work closely with the other group members to ensure full cooperation between the all disciplines.
- Must be willing to work alongside EPC estimators and extended estimating teams.
- Support and participate in the development of a cohesive estimating team and support strong relationships with other groups such as the EP Contractor, Construction, internal groups, contract resources and other stakeholders related to the project
- The Estimator will report to the Manager Estimating.
- The estimator will assist the development of project estimates of all categories.
- Be proficient in civil, structural, piping, equipment, electrical, I&C and EHT disciplines.
- Understand all levels of estimates: Pre-Scoping, Scoping, DBM and FEED.
- Must be able to work on estimates for new construction, sustaining projects and for field turnaround type projects.
- Participate in all interactive estimate reviews related to the project estimates
- Attend and Participate in all RISCOR/SPIM gate reviews as assigned.
- Ensure accurate and timely estimates are delivered on the agreed upon dates.
- Attend all corporate and insitu required training courses as deem necessary for the position
- Be willing to travel to a site location (overnight) at least twice a month.
- Required Qualifications: is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
- Experience and Education:
- Technical diploma or University degree
- 10 years related experience or appropriate combination of education and experience in preparing cost estimates for mega projects.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- In depth knowledge in Aspen-tech (k-Base) and WinEst estimating programs, ability to develop estimates in Aspen-Tech will be an asset
- Ability to work with team members to produce estimating deliverables in a timely manner.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, organizational and communication skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential.
- A self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide personal and technical mentorship to junior staff members & extended teams
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The estimator will be assigned to work from Calgary offices
- There will be a requirement to travel to a site location at least twice a month to view projects to be estimated.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- The position maybe located in the SEC Calgary office.
- The estimator should be aware of the AACE standards and their applications,
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.