Specialist Project Control Advisor
Job Overview: As we continue execution of projects, there is a requirement for a Project Controls Analyst with primary focus on Power BI APP development and database solutions as part of the Project Controls Centre of Excellence (PC COE) team within the Projects group. This position will report directly to the Project Controls Manager, COE Central Reporting.
We are establishing a team that will transform project controls reporting into an automated decision support system. This role will help shape the data architecture to suite the enterprise needs by collaborating with cross functional teams and satisfying the stakeholders. This role, utilizing the industry experience of Data Management and Analytics will lead the process of creating the foundation of Data Design for the company.
You will also be responsible to work with the relevant teams to make sure that company Data Governance standards and policies are followed and the new Data Architecture is aligned to our data principles. You will also be responsible to present the solution designs to the stakeholders and stratify their queries/concerns.
* Plan, Design, Implement, and support overall Project Controls Analytics design creation, delivery and enhancements
* Devise and support data analytics processes and technologies to generate Business Intelligence reporting.
* Continuously improve the analytical reporting procedures to ensure best outcome of collected data that supports the business processes
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to assess business requirements and provide solutions based on market best-practices
* Break down complex functional and analytical requirements into manageable data models and provide solutions to create standardized reports
* Provide solutions to automate data collection and data processing processes to save time and business resources.
* A Bachelor's or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
* Ten or more years of experience in Data Analytics, Data Architecture, Solutions Automation for data infrastructure
* In-depth knowledge and experience of designing large database systems
* Experience of Data Analytics and ETL Processes is required
* Project Controls experience with a reputable Oil & Gas organization is required
* Working experience of Cloud Databases / Data Warehouses is required
* Extensive experience of Excel VBA is required
* Certification in SQL Server Database Design & Implementation
* Oracle Certified Professional will be an asset
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Formal education of Data Science / Data Analytics from a reputable institution is required
* Proven communication and interpersonal skills to enable the development of high value, fit for purpose project controls information solutions
* The ability to communicate and present information to diverse groups is required
* A collaborative, self-starter attitude, with an ability to multi-task and make critical decisions in a timely fashion under little supervision
* Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
* Experience in enterprise-wide applications, API, middleware/web services and databases
* Experience in python development with statistical background
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.