Please note- This is a permanent, full-time opportunity based out of the Vancouver office.
Our client, a privately held company based in Vancouver and an industry leader in the production of sustainable natural gas products, is seeking a Workforce Development Manager to join their project team at their Vancouver office.
The project, situated approximately 7km west-southwest of Squamish, BC involves the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas export facility with a storage capacity of 250,000 m3, capable of producing 2.1 million tonnes of LNG per year.
The Workforce Development Manager will be responsible for providing operational support to our client's Operations Readiness teams, H.R and other key parties involving developing strategies, programs and services that remove barriers and enable engagement with the local community, specifically the First Nations.
The successful applicant will:
- Partner with cross-functional departments to develop strategies to prepare the company, the community and the workforce for jobs during construction and operations.
- Support Human Resources and our Operational Readiness teams in the development of programs and strategies for operations-specifically geared towards training and development of the local workforce.
- Engage First Nations, the broader community and educational institutes to ensure programs and services are in place to enable access to training.
- Responsible for developing programs and services related to employment training, work readiness activities and job placement of individuals.
- Work with our partners, stakeholders and other members of the team to remove barriers to employment.
- Identify training and development needs across the company and develop programs to remove gaps in training and development.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date on new trade technology, certifications, methods and procedures across the industry.
- Plan, budget, manage and oversee a collection of workforce development initiatives geared towards the training, development, capacity building and hiring of first nations and local community members.
- Work with department leadership in developing and implementing department and agency strategic priorities and desired outcomes for the workforce development initiatives.
- Develop and conduct outreach and education to public agencies to gain interest and buy-in to implementing programs and initiatives to build capacity within the local community for roles during construction and operations.
- A college or university degree or completion of a recognized trades' program.
- Ten (10) or more years experience in a workforce development capacity or learning or training capacity within British Columbia with many years working with trades.
- Advanced and specialized knowledge of construction trade agreements is a vital asset.
- Advanced knowledge of apprenticeship programs in B.C., ideally within the heavy industrial, construction or another relevant industry.
- Knowledgeable in the construction industry, construction apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs would be advantageous.
- Ideally, an understanding of Project Labor Agreements and Community Workforce Agreements.
- Passionate about removing obstacles/challenges facing workers, particularly underrepresented workers, First Nations and minorities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, report writing and customer service skills.
- Proficiency using M.S. Office in your daily work.
- Ability to manage your time and adapt to changing priorities, work on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, meet quick deadlines, and produce timely and quality work products.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.