Permanent Full time
Hybrid - 2 days work from home, 3 days in the office
Our clients Financial Team seeks to fill a succession position and as part of the Financial Team, this position is responsible for the execution of the company's accounting, budgetary and regulatory cycle.
Interested in this excellent opportunity? We would love to hear from you - apply today!
What You Will Do
* Collaborate in month-end activities, prepare journal entries, reconcile, analyze, explain variances and create financial reports primarily for activities related to deferred accounts and bank reconciliation
* Generate month-end and year-end reports as well as analyze accounts needed for the preparation and analysis of financial statements
* Prepare various reconciliations of accounts, more particularly bank reconciliation
* Provide data, reports, and ad hoc analysis to ensure the accuracy and reasonableness of the information provided, and present it for decision making
* Collaborate in the preparation of regulatory files
* Write accounting policy decisions, based on USGAAP
* Collaborate on interim and year-end audits
* Review financial processes and reporting as to always seek to improve efficiency
* Continue to update and develop modeling tools to meet business needs
Requirements and qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in finance, or business administration and 0-2 years of related experience
* Professional accounting designation or in the process of obtaining is an asset
* Bilingualism required, French and English
* Excellent analytical and synthesis skills
* Strong communication skills (oral and written)
* Capability to work in a Team environment, and to work independently within tight deadlines
* Thorough and demonstrated attention to detail
* Ability to assimilate and apply complex theoretical concepts
* Excellent understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and very strong demonstrated Excel skills
* Knowledge of Oracle and Hyperion will be considered as an asset
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.