Technical Sales Engineer
Current vacancy in Calgary based company that designs and manufactures oil and gas processing equipment for both the Canadian and International marketplace. Product lines cover surface production equipment from wellhead to pipe line. My client specializes in packaged equipment for larger gas processing plants and petrochemical systems. The current role is for the Calgary sales office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, qualify and secure sales opportunities for oil and gas processing equipment.
- Develop, nurture and maintain close working relationships with the decision-makers in the assigned markets including consultants, operator/maintenance and contractors.
- Influence and assist in preparing technical specifications for the engineering consultants on products.
- Provide market intelligence to Inside Sales during quote preparation.
- Follow up and close quotes issued by Inside Sales.
- Update and maintain internal sales tracking system on a regular and frequent basis.
- Develop and maintain project activity reports indicating status (i.e. pre-feasibility, budget, RFQ)
- Assist in developing yearly sales forecasts.
- Conduct product/process lunch and learn sessions to the appropriate engineering firms.
- Work directly with represented manufacturers to obtain technical information, project pricing and special requirements.
- At least 3 years demonstrated ability to successfully sell the processing equipment.
- Technical education and background.
- A thorough and demonstrated knowledge of the processes involved in the Oil & Gas market place (Conventional - upstream/midstream and SAGD)
- Superior and effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated analytical skills required for technical documents review and comment.
- Better than average computer skills, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Superior organizational skills - a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a busy team.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31178