Our Client who is a leading Oil and Gas Operator are currently looking for an experienced Sr. Production Engineer to be based out of Calgary on a long term contract.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Oilsands Production Operations team who will work closely with field operations, well optimization specialists, IOC, reservoir, and completions engineers to provide production optimization and innovation. The Production Engineering role will be focused on technical work to maintain the production base through analysis of well performance, artificial lift design and optimization, and well pad operations.
- Provide technical production engineering expertise within a multi-disciplinary team to monitor, analyze and optimize SAGD well production
- Optimize artificial lift (Gas Lift, ESP and PCP) and manage well servicing or workovers
- Troubleshoot surface facility issues (separation, metering, etc.)
- Collaborate with both Field Operations and Reservoir Engineering to ensure adequate field surveillance and production data integrity
- Production forecast and optimal operation of SAGD well pairs through well modeling and performance analysis
- Cost management of OPEX and CAPEX to ensure that we meet targets and continue to improve execution. Provide forecasting for long range planning.
- Plan and manage new well startups (steam circulation phase and SAGD phases)
- Plan and manage gas lift to ESP conversions
- Training and mentoring new staff to ensure a highly effective team
- Identify and recommend new technologies to improve the SAGD recovery process
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of direct experience that includes facilities, completions, production
- Strong sub-surface knowledge and reservoir analysis experience within SAGD operations is a requirement
- Must be familiar with AER regulations around SAGD operations
- 3 yrs of field operations experience would be considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and on a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Eligible to work and live in Canada
- Experience with ESP, PCP, and Gas Lift design and troubleshooting.
- Experience and technical knowledge of Gas Lift, ESP or PCP simulator softwares would be an asset (i.e. Avocet, Autograph, PCPump CFER, Pipesim, PROSPER).
- Experience with TWBS or equivalent thermal wellbore modelling
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30560