Applications and Contract Support Role
- Great opportunity to join a global organisation at the forefront of mining
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- This new role will expose you to exciting technology and challenge the way you work
- Based in Saguenay
About the role
We are looking for a Specialist, Regional Applications & contract support who will be responsible for managing the support, maintenance, minor enhancement of applications under his/her responsibility, in the relevant region, according to defined SLAs. In addition to these responsibilities, this resource will also support the Manager Regional Applications with contract management for the outsourced providers.
Reporting to the Manager Regional Applications, you will:
- Ensure support service provider delivers application stability, availability, compliance and quality of service as per defined SLA.
- Manage support and minor enhancement budgets
- As expert of your domain, to understand your clients' needs and ensure that support service provider delivers the best solution and within cost and timeline
- Maintain close relationship with your clients and to act a a liaise between the client and the support service providers
- Provide guidance and direction to support service providers when required to work with other support teams to ensure the successful delivery of support services in the relevant region.
- Ensures transition to support from PMO & Delivery team to support service providers, ensuring the support service providers has the required knowledge to successfully fulfill their support requirements.
- Contribute as an active team member to the IS&T community including knowledge sharing, product development and promotion of standard business systems and processes both within the relevant region and more broadly across the Rio Tinto Group.
- Ensure all processes and standards are respected in the day to day delivery of support services
- Contributes to IS&T continuous improvement (for applications, maintenance and support process, customer experience)
- Work closely with Infrastructure & Cyber Security teams for all activities who impact our applications
- Support contract activities (rebilling, budget follow-up, RTTMS quality, compliance tracking, SLA management, IT processes)
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent experience
- 5 years' experience supporting applications
- Successful track record in following processes and standards as part of undertaking role
- Successful track record in Service Transition to support
- ITIL framework and business application
- Applications support
- Change and Release practices for Application delivery and support
- Continuous Improvement methodologies
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32824