The Commercial Sales Representative is a results oriented and experienced outside sales representative responsible for maximizing fuel sales within the Canadian market, focusing on Western Canadian. Providing fuelling solutions to customers across a diverse range of industries, this position is charged with maximizing sales primarily through Commercial Cardlock facilities, along with bulk plants and direct sales to end users.
A commercial Sales Representative needs to be confident when making calls on head office and field level opportunities while maintaining positive relationships with customers, dealers and operations personnel which is essential to facilitate sales through Cardlock facilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical along with the ability to interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Active solicitation of Cardlock and Fleet in a defined sales territory.
* Persistently and successfully follow up on all leads to convert to profitable sales as this role is focused on new account generation and requires a direct selling, hunter mentality.
* Develop and execute specific tactical plans that ensure account penetration as well as the achievement of territory sales goals including volume and profit key performance indicators. This includes preparation and execution sales proposals, communications, presentations and other customer correspondence, networking with key decision makers and industry contacts within a designated territory at industry events, 25-30 customer calls/week with a focus account acquisition and growth, while building long term relationships. Implementation of strategies aimed at increasing market share and margins
* Business travel within a territory is a requirement of this role. Approximately 50-75% of time will be spent traveling within a defined territory.
* Analyze Sales Reporting generated by Business Resources Group to identify sales opportunities and track industry changes that may create opportunities and or pose threats. Create and execute action plans on identified sales opportunities.
* Strategically manage and maintain a portfolio of existing key medium to large accounts achieving a balanced effort on new customer acquisition and incremental sales from existing customers.
* Crucial focus on customer relationship management including pricing, problem resolution, cross commodity selling and proactive identification of issues and buying behaviors.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors Degree in Business or Marketing
* A minimum 5 years of relevant professional sales experience in a commercial or industrial capacity
* Strong communication, presentations and written skills
* Extensive selling, cold calling, and closing techniques with a well-defined sales process
* Successful track record in outside sales consistently meeting all sales and profit targets
* A background and knowledge in commercial fuel sales, trucking, or industrial supply industries
* Working knowledge of the cardlock fuels industry with a network of contacts
* Knowledge and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management software in a sales environment including Salesforce
* Ability to work independently with strong self-management and problem solving skills
* Experience with financial analysis including margins and revenue along with budgeting and forecasting
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
* An MBA would be an asset
* Sales related training, education, or professional development
* Experience creating and managing sales contracts including terms and conditions as well as exception management
* Intermediate Microsoft Skills including excel, word and power point
* Desire to be an effective and engaged member of a high performing team
* Organization, ingenuity, integrity, and leadership skills
* Ability to make decision independently in a fast paced environment
* Drives for results setting high standards, taking personal accountability and delivering on commitments
* Extensive travel is a requirement for the position
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29753