Our client, a leading Midstream Oil & Gas organization is looking to add a Governance & Standards Engineer to their team for an 8-month independent contract in Edmonton.
This Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Governance Manager and will assist in the assigned engineering design standards, equipment specifications, standardized designs, and construction specifications.
- Ensuring engineering design standards and equipment specifications meet compliance policy
- Confirming engineering design standards and equipment specifications are available and understood by end users
- Supporting engineering design standards and equipment specifications end users
- Ensuring design standards and equipment specifications meet compliance policy
- Assisting in the development of the annual review and update plan
- Meeting scorecard objectives for completion of review and update activities
- Coordinating review and update activities for assigned standards and specifications
- Investigating and linking MP and LP project safety, design, cost and schedule learnings with standards and specifications
- Understanding technical content and issues of assigned standards and providing support to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Utilizing Management of Change processes
- Assist in the training and education of MP and LP projects, Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders on Technical Standards processes and procedures
- Supporting engineering design standards and equipment specifications end users:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering
- P.ENG or eligibility to register
- 4 - 7 years within an engineering role with exposure to technical governance standards
- Coordinate reviews with a diverse team of internal and external individuals with competing objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate to a wide variety of departments, experts, and stakeholders
- Works to deadlines, including motivating others to meet said deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software
- Ability to work within the team and individually under minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving and technical skills
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34376