Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
A great opportunity to work with a large mining company in Calgary. This is a contract position but strong possibility of extension. Looking for candidates with experience in the following:
- Experience with mine waste and tailings design; understanding of soil mechanics and rock mechanics;
- slope stability analysis; seepage analysis; design of large scale construction features for mining sites (tailings dam and containment structures; roads and pipelines; waste storage; ore stockpiles; instrumentation; reclamation);
- proficient in engineering softwares; data analysis; communication skills; and report writing ability.
- Provide geotechnical engineering support to mine waste and tailings management projects
- Carry out engineering data analyses and design work for projects at stages ranging from scoping to detailed engineering and construction
- Possibly some travel to mine sites to carry out geotechnical investigations, instrument installation, and construction quality assurance for dams
- Assist with planning and supervising geotechnical subsurface investigations
- Assist with writing geotechnical reports and technical communications;
- Provide support to senior geotechnical engineer / geotechnical manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (geotechnical, civil or a related field)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- minimum 5 years of experience (preference given to Oil & Gas [Oil Sands] experience in large civil earthworks construction mining related projects, which include: field construction, performance monitoring, construction quality assurance, inspection and testing)
- Perform field and environmental investigations for Gas or Oil exploration and construction development projects
- Proficient in engineering software (Geo-Slope; MineScape; AutoCAD; Microsoft Office)
- Skilled in data interpretation; analysis and correlation
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team setting; and foster effective working relationships with their peers
- Previous experience in Oil Sands operations will be an asset.
· Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
· Registration with APEGA is a condition of employment
· This position will require successful completion of background reference checks as well as education and credentials verification
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32768