On behalf of one of our clients Petroplan is currently seeking an Intermediate - Junior Engineer for an opportunity in St. John’s, Newfoundland. Reporting to the Engineering Lead you will design, install, maintain, and troubleshoot communications equipment. The equipment includes but is not limited to the following: Marine Navigation Systems, VHF / UHF Radio, Navigational Aids, Satellite and Microwave Communications, CCTV Systems, Environmental Monitoring Systems, Entertainment Systems, and Utilities (UPS).
The successful candidate’s background will include the completion of an Electrical Engineering Degree and 3+ years experience ideally in the area of Communications and/or Navigation although for the right fit the client is willing to train. Experience in the offshore oil and gas industry is an asset.
- Interpret client needs and then explore, analyze, and introduce design concepts, cost effective solutions, and innovative methods
- Complete detailed technical analysis and review of solutions (including, but not limited to, drawings, specifications, design studies, technical reports, Inspection and Test Plans, test results, etc.) to verify conformity with the Scope of Work and project design criteria
- Be a technical reference in discussions with Clients and Suppliers, and respond to technical queries related to design criteria
- Assist in the installation and implementation of equipment; following client approved documentation including design and construction documents, inspection plans, procedures and checklists
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any installation and commissioning procedures as defined in workpacks, along with inspection and test plans
- Ensure opportunities for improvements to all aspects of performance (safety, environment, cost, schedule, quality, operations, reliability) are actively pursued and discussed with the client
- Maintain detailed records of the work, including all observations and concerns
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Professional Engineer (P.Eng) registered to practice by PEGNL in the Province of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, codes and standards
- Good knowledge of relevant engineering principles, standards and regulations relating to design, construction, and safety standards in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Strong background with resolution of technical issues during project planning and execution phases
- Familiarity with offshore, electrical, navigational and communications-related codes and standards an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office; CAD skills would be an asset
- LAN/Networking experience would be an asset
Please note only residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be considered. Petroplan appreciates all candidate interest however only those that are under consideration will be contacted.
Ref No: BBBH29328