Our client, a leading Midstream Oil & Gas organization is looking to add a Pipeline Asset Optimization Engineer to their team. This is a 1 year independent contract based in Edmonton, there is a possibility of long term extension for the right individual.
This individual will be working within the team responsible for the new asset project due diligence and operational impact management. The purpose of new asset project due diligence is to lead the Pipeline Integrity interface for acquisition and growth projects, on an assigned basis. This is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for varied assignments requiring a broad understanding of the field of engineering and may also have specialized knowledge of one area.
- Works independently on assignments that require solving problems by applying standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, or using methods developed in previous assignments. Ability to make effect technical decisions independently with people leader, Sr. Engineer, or SME support and review.
- Ensure pipeline integrity is appropriately addressed in the due diligence process, both for internal developments and acquisitions.
- Develop and ensure execution of Pipeline Integrity plans and budgets encompassing all Pipeline Integrity involvement within each project including engineering studies, inspection plans, and rehabilitation costs through both the project and pipeline lifecycles.
- Manage the integrity priorities throughout the development or acquisition through participation in SORT, START, RTO, RTT, and then through commissioning, acceptance and long-term operation.
- Manage the completion of Engineering Assessments as required for new projects or internal drivers.
- Develop, execute, and manage documented procedures for all facets of the due diligence process.
- Drive alignment of systems for the optimization of operational pressure targets to meet capacity and cost requirements.
- Facilitate or participate as the Pipeline Integrity representative in corporate wide initiatives.
- Complete detailed evaluations of current operations to determine the causes of and solutions for pressure cycling.
- Manage pressure restriction removals and determine how it will impact future integrity maintenance investments.
- Complete a detailed evaluation of current operations to determine current and future MOP requirements based on volumes.
- Evaluate operational models to predict change impacts of proposed changes (example: predicted increases in pressure cycling from the addition of new customers).
- Coordinate senior leadership approvals of the initiative action plans and results.
- Present and defend the decisions made on corporate initiatives to senior leadership within Pipeline Integrity.
- Participate in incident investigations as directed.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or relevant field
- P.ENG. or eligible for registration with APEGA
- 6 - 10 years of relatevant experience
- Previous pipeline integrity or operational knowledge are highly desirable
- Ability to solve problems by applying standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, or using methods developed in previous assignments.
- Ability to seek and obtain senior technical assistance or review for atypical or specialized problems
- Ability to communicate written or verbally on the collection and relay of standard technical facts and analysis of business implications. May require the communication of technical topics to a non-technical audiences
- Fluent with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ability to utilize other engineering/technical computer applications.
- Strong facilitation, collaboration, and negotiation skills to influence and drive-forward results and decisions without formal authority.
- Strong data analysis skills with a continuous improvement (Six Sigma, RCA) background are considered an asset.
- Visualization of data skills (Power BI, PI Vision) background are considered an asset
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33463