Our client who is a large multinational organisation are currently looking for a Procurement / Category Specialist on a full time permanent basis in Montreal, Qc. The Procurement / Category Specialist will be responsible to support the Principal Advisor - in the development of category strategies and to execute the plan outlined in the strategy. This role is a great opportunity for a Procurement Specialist professional to develop and execute regional sourcing projects which contribute to the delivery of commercially favourable outcomes
- Regular reviews, updates and adjustments to the Category Strategy and Sourcing Plan as necessary, contract management requirements and supplier relationship management.
- Owning the development and implementation of a comprehensive regional category management strategy and the development of commercial agreements to minimize total cost of ownership and maximize value that will drive competitive advantage and meet governance requirements
- Executing those category plans. This will include leading key or complex sourcing projects and ongoing management of contracts and supplier relationships
- Consolidating internal regional data collection of current internal customers' supply and consumption trends that will be the basis for category strategy development and related sourcing programs
- Contribute to a rigorous fact base on external dynamics that will be basis of the category strategy and sourcing program, specifically through market analysis.
- Responsible for building the negotiations plans for approval and be able to support and lead during negotiations
- Managing contracts and support the Business Units end user service delivery team to managers in their contract management accountabilities as defined by the Segmentation model
- Undertaking value tracking and preparing monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports to customers.
- Collating and preparing market analysis specific to commercial negotiations;
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Chemical Engineering
- Must be Bilingual (French / English)
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of procurement & supply chain experience
- Previous experience with multi-national companies in Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Mining, Manufacturing, Steel mills, Utilities, Automotive, Rail or Aerospace industries
- Strong commercial acumen with proven category and contract management capabilities
- An understanding of supply chain management processes and principles with focus on dangerous goods and HSE in the supply chain
- Strong project management, problem solving and customer relationship management skills
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influencing and collaboration with others
- Strong Excel spread sheet skills (able to create management tools such as modelling and scenario analysis etc.)
- Strong analytical capability and the ability to effectively collate and compile data;
- Ability to communicate succinctly verbally and in written form with both internal and external stakeholders
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30874