Reporting to the Senior Manager, Operational and Technical Services, the Water and Wastewater Engineer is accountable for:
· Providing engineering and technical review and input into the design, construction, commissioning and start-up, and operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment, conveyance, and residuals management systems.
· Supporting and/or leading project teams in the development and pursuit of complex and commercially important new developments/acquisitions - proposal development through commissioning and start-up.
· Developing capital, operating, and maintenance budgets for water and wastewater infrastructure and making recommendations based on analysis of total lifecycle costs.
· Analyzing process data, modeling, and providing recommendations for enhancement and optimization of water and wastewater system performance.
· Evaluating health and safety, environment, public health, regulatory, and business risks and developing mitigating strategies.
· Establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with internal and external clients and business partners.
As the successful candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
· Engineering degree (Environmental, Civil or Process Engineering preferred).
· Professional engineering designation and the ability to practice in Alberta.
· 5 years of industry-related experience dealing with industrial or municipal water and wastewater systems, preferably in an operations or asset management role.
· Advanced knowledge of engineering design, construction and operation of water and wastewater treatment and conveyance systems and the ability to adapt that knowledge to new technologies or applications
· Experience in proposal preparation, technical writing and project management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt language and content to the audience
· Demonstrated critical thinking and history of challenging the status quo or finding innovative ways to solve a problem
· Exposure to business development activities and knowledge and experience with alternate forms of project delivery would be considered an asset
Hours of work: 8 per day, 40 per week; Monday to Friday
Location: Edmonton, AB
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29111