On behalf of one of our clients Petroplan is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for a permanent full time position in St. John's, Newfoundland. The ideal applicant would have experience in managing projects with emphasis placed on estimating, costs, scheduling, quality and overall project deliverables. It is important that this individual establish and maintain excellent relationships with both clients and those who impact service or product delivery.
- Manage and provide leadership for all projects under their responsibility
- Responsible for Engineering man hour estimates, planning and scheduling, cost control, management of project changes, preparing project / program reports
- Develop project / proposal schedule in accordance with proposal / project documents
- Project schedule development and advise or reassign staff as project and client requirements change.
- Prepare and present project cost and schedule summary reports in weekly and/or monthly review meetings
- Technically qualified and/or experienced with project implementation to execute projects on time, on budget, and to project specifications.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, and suppliers
- Assist in the negotiation of all changes in scope
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5-10 years' of experience in the oil and gas industry in an electrical engineering position with emphasis on project management.
- College diploma in engineering technology, university degree, engineering or college diploma in project management and/or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Contract Management experience
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of MS Project and Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); and
- (P.ENG) certification considered an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification considered an asset.
Please note only residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be considered. Petroplan appreciates all candidate interest however only those that are under consideration will be contacted.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29397