Our client is looking for a MOP Validation Analyst / Engineer in Training (EIT)
Pay rate: $26.52/hr
This is a 1-year contract opportunity.
The MOP Validation Technician will primarily be responsible for completing Engineering Assessments to evaluate and verify the Maximum Operating Pressure (MOP) of high stress pipeline systems in Gas Distribution areas. The successful candidate is responsible for searching, retrieving, sorting, analyzing and categorizing physical and electronic records, as well as, identifying where/when duplicate records exist so that action can be taken by others. An integral part of the continuous improvement cycle of the program, the Validation Specialist is expected to identify efficiency and effectiveness enhancements.
The successful candidate will verify and sustain pipeline operating limits by completing the following activities under the supervision of a P.Eng/Senior Analyst.
* Perform engineering calculations on all components in existing and proposed pipeline installations to ensure pipelines are qualified to operate within material design and stress limitations, by applying knowledge of stress analysis, fluid mechanics, metallurgy, welding, or corrosion
* Assess pipeline installation and maintenance records to collect and evaluate critical asset and condition information
* Consult codes and standards pertaining to the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of gas pipeline systems, in particular CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
* Prepare and update technical reports to document activities and decisions relating to engineering assessments
* Prepare field verification work packages to issue to field Operations, per the assessment methodology, to obtain additional material information and create verifiable, traceable, and complete asset records for all components in the pipeline system
* Develop and sustain the MOP assessment methodology according to applicable codes, engineering principles, Company procedures, and industry best practices
* Determine and implement new and existing Company policies, practices, and procedures which may affect the governance and control areas of the Company specific to design, construction, planning, maintenance or records keeping
* Work with the MOP Project Records Coordinator to retrieve physical records from on-site storage and complete requests for retrieval from off-site locations
* Pre-process of documents for further analysis or imaging
* Review, analyze and sort records based on specific research criteria
* Enter descriptive and other metadata before storing/archiving electronic records
* Maintain records research tracking sheets of work completed
* Implement quality control procedures to ensure integrity of documents and/or records metadata
* Identify improvements in processes, systems, technology and procedures
Required Knowledge & Skills
* High level of oral and written communication skills are required for writing technical documents, responding to inquiries, and presenting issues to a variety of audiences
* Co-ordination of multiple projects requires effective organizational skills, results orientation, innovative problem solving and decision making skills, and the ability to work on project teams
* Must be able to quickly understand the impacts of technical and operational issues and provide a safe, thorough, and correct response to inquiries
* Graduates of recognized Engineering programs in a discipline of Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with eligibility to participate in the EIT program of Professional Engineers Ontario
Experience in any/all of the following areas:
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Ref No: BBBH36049