Geotechnical - Supervisor
- Provide technical support, mentoring and direction to the geotechnical team;
- Oversee the geotechnical analysis and studies completed by the geotechnical engineers;
- Review and scrutinize third party geotechnical and hydrotechnical assessments, inspections, investigations;
- Evaluate cost saving opportunities within the geotechnical hazard management program;
- Achieving monthly KPIs, and reporting to management;
- Prepare communication material, and present to senior management, business unit stakeholders and regulatory agencies;
- Provide training to Operations for field investigations required following key weather events;
- Develop monthly forecasts, annual expense and capital budgets, and 10 year long range geotechnical spend plans;
- Review and update the Geohazard Management Program documents on an annual frequency; and
- Evaluate team performance and determine training needs to meet performance objectives.
- Professional Engineering Designation with preference given to Civil/Geotechnical Engineering. Consideration will be given to an Engineering Technologist certificate in a related field;
- 10 years of relevant work experience involving pipeline geotechnical engineering;
- Strong technical understanding of geohazard assessment methods, investigation and mitigation strategies in relation to pipeline integrity management;
- Experience in geotechnical investigations, geo-hazard evaluations, air-photo and LiDAR interpretations, rock and soil slope stability evaluation, subsurface and aerial pipeline river crossings, and instrumentation, monitoring;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities leading a team of engineers;
- Energetic, resilient, collaborative, goal oriented and a motivated team player;
- Exceptional influencing and communication skills with a strong focus on customer service;
- Demonstrates assertiveness to ensure business requirements are met, along with a can-do attitude to accommodate the variable duties required for the position;
- Critical analytical, and strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Travel is minimal, but must be willing to travel to the field for up to a week duration; and
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's license.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30817