IS Functional Analyst
Reporting to the Team Lead, Upstream and Downstream Applications, the primary role of the IS Functional Analyst is to liaise with relevant business and IS teams to gather and manage functional requirements. This role collaborates with Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects and related technical resources to analyze and validate business requirements. They possess a solid understanding of business specific processes and collaborate with relevant IS Service Delivery Specialists and Partner teams to develop Functional Requirements documents that will be used by to design and develop systems and features.
The contract will be one year in duration starting as soon as possible.
* Liaise with relevant business teams to gather functional requirements on behalf of the relevant Service Delivery Specialists for identified opportunities
* Utilize relevant business analysis techniques to perform solution analysis and design this could include but is not limited to:
- Requirements Management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.)
- Enterprise Analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements Analysis (process modeling, organization modeling, use cases, etc.)
- Solution Assessment and Validation (user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.)
* Inform Service Delivery Specialists of potential continuous improvement opportunities
* Conduct Requirements Management using relevant tools such as; requirements traceability matrices, baselining, prototyping, focus groups, etc.
* Perform Enterprise Analysis using relevant tools such as; benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, integration effectiveness, SWOT, etc.
* Conduct Process Analysis using relevant tools such as; process modeling, reverse engineering, organization modeling, use cases, etc.
* Manage User Acceptance Testing Process
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
* ITIL Foundations
* Minimum of five years of direct experience of contributing to the success of a range of small-to-medium initiatives with escalating levels of complexity and business criticality within corporate environment
* Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management stakeholders
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Visio and Office
* Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business users and business managers; ability to develop a strong understanding of the core business and the value of the projects/programs and can consolidate business requirements and translate them into IS deliverables
* Familiar with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modelling techniques
* Knowledge or experience in dealing with complex shared data models
* General IS knowledge of applications and infrastructure
* Able to effectively evaluate risk and articulate using technical and business language; has in-depth knowledge of risk assessment model and analysis tools/processes and can describe the pros and cons of various risk management models
* Functional Requirements: has played an active/lead role in preparing these documents, is able to produce detail-level functional requirement documentation, is able to lead functional requirement walk-through and quality reviews, and has experience using automated tools for documenting and diagramming functional requirements.
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
* College diploma or university degree in Business or Information Systems or equivalent
* Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* 3 years of experience working within information technology in an Oil & Gas domain
* Value Management Experience: can identify the effectiveness & completeness of Business & Technology strategies and ensure alignment with applicable cross-organization strategies, experienced in assessing business benefits, costs, and risks on multiple types of projects, proven ability to support an environment where identifying project risks is positive, and capable of playing a key role in conducting value assessments using value management tools and job aids.
Additional Position Details:
The successful candidate will be collaborative, open minded and realistic They will be excellent negotiators with strong interpersonal skills who adapt easily to change.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH28938