Our client is looking for a Procurement Coordinator in Edmonton, AB.
This is a contract position until December 31st, 2020.
- Support our Edmonton refinery team to understand and balance requests for material and service requirements and ensure fulfilment in accordance with our operating model, processes and schedule requirements
- Create purchase orders and manage the end-to-end purchase order lifecycle including material and service delivery to meet project schedules
- Represent contracting requirements in procurement strategy planning and represent the SCM function in cross functional initiatives
- Support continuous improvement opportunities and value creation
Key Accountabilities and Qualifications
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of procurement and contract administration experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- A post-secondary education, preferably in business or Supply Chain Management
- A deep understanding of materials and services procurement, contracting and contract deliverables, as well as materials management and transportation processes
- Proficiency in SAP
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build positive relationships with diverse groups and multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Familiarity in supplier integration and supplier relationship management
- A highly motivated self-starter, who is willing to show initiative and take action
- An organized problem solver with the ability to think and act strategically
- A continuous improvement mindset to define, plan and implement opportunities that drive value for the overall project team
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industry preferred
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37035