Our Client who is a leading Oil and Gas company are currently looking for Sr Marine Project Engineer to work in St. Johns, NL on a long-term contract basis.
As a senior team member, the Senior Project Engineer - Marine will provide oversight to multiple marine scopes to ensure the standards, processes and procedures established for the project are being followed. Working closely with the project services team, you will ensure change management process is followed in a timely manner.
- Be the conduit for all change management documentation for the marine scope
- Provide technical advisory to marine team to ensure best practices are being applied
- Reviewing and commenting on technical documents, procedures and project management documentation
- Maintain the marine risk register and participate in risk assessments
- Participate in technical and project management meetings with contractors and other team members
- Act as a leader, mentor, and escalation path for 2 direct reports
- Some international travel may be required (to Europe or USA) once every month or two to support the project; travel will be reimbursed as required.
- This role is not entitled to any daily LOA as they are seeking a candidate local to the St. John's office.
- 15 of experience in contractor management for marine operations activities
- 15 years of experience in the application of HSEQ principals in marine operations
- 15 years of experience in planning and execution of complex marine operations projects
- Engineering Degree in Ocean Engineering or Naval Architecture
- P. Eng
- Eligible to work within Canada and reside in St. Johns, NL
Nice to haves:
- 5 years of experience in the management of regulatory approvals in Newfoundland
- 5 years of experience in the application of project risk management and change management processes
- Experience in marine dredging operations
- Experience in tow-out and installation of concrete marine structures
- Experience in marine rock installation
- Experience in the planning of SIMOPS
- Experience in ocean going transportation of large topsides
- Experience in float-over operations for large topsides
- Contracting models for marine construction
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30793