Are you a problem solver who enjoys designing, writing, testing and trouble-shooting?
As a member of our Enterprise Marketing and Risk Management (MRM) team, you will be providing timely IT related application management services to the Energy Trading and Risk Management applications suite. Applications include: Openlink Endur/Findur, Egistix Oil, and Kyriba.
Position: Intermediate Developer - Energy Trading & Risk Management
- Participate in the delivery of the ETRM strategic direction and vision by providing input into the development and implementation of team's vision, goals, and objectives.
- Work with other team members in delivery quality products and services as prioritized by Management.
- Investigate reported system issues and bugs; identify and communicate alternatives for resolution to leadership; follow through on implementing chosen alternatives.
- Work with Business Analysts in understanding and clarifying business specifications for modifications and/or enhancements.
- Pursue improvements to deficiencies by presenting potential solutions to MRM Systems and/or Client management.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Openlink Endur/Findur and Egistix Oil system functionality especially in terms of:
- Interfaces to and from the applications (e.g., Oracle Financials, Egistix Oil, ICE, etc.)
- Key Business Concepts: Mark-to-Market (MtM), Profit & Loss (PnL), Delta, Value at Risk (VaR), Physical Commodity and Financial Derivative trades.
- 4 years of progressive experience in IT processes, business management, and/or project management in the ETRM space.
- This role will be primarily supporting the new Power Marketing business, so we are specifically looking for physical power commodity experience (North American power markets preferred).
- At least 4 years' experience in supporting an enterprise level system (e.g., common system used by more than a single client group).
- At least 4 years' experience in TWO of the following programming languages/environments: Java, Oracle, PL/SQL, Crystal Reports, .NET, C/C#, JVS (Java Scripting Language - Openlink Propriety Scripting Language).
- Demonstrable experience working with technical IT resources in designing, developing, testing, and implementing related solutions.
- Office based
- Provides competitive workplace programs that differentiate us and offer flexibility to our team members. Our Hybrid Work Model offers eligible employees the opportunity to work variable daily schedules with a flexible start and end time, to opt for a compressed workweek schedule, and the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.