Our client is currently seeking to hire a Senior Staff Development Facilities Engineer on a permanent basis in St. John's, Newfoundland.
The position is responsible for developing and evaluating technical concepts in support of the strategic development of their Atlantic Canada Region. This will involve proposing offshore development options, performing preliminary design and analysis functions, conducting feasibility studies, writing technical reports and managing study contractors. The position will require expertise in floating production facilities and deep water field architecture with an emphasis on harsh and ice prone environments. This knowledge will support the performance of technical and economic evaluations, including field development planning, and gate deliverable endorsement to influence the non-operated venture.
- Company representative in technical meetings with the operator.
- Review work carried out by external engineering contractors, and provide quality assurance through scheduled peer, design and value assurance reviews.
- Perform high level cost estimation/analysis and assist with project economics.
- Contribute to the development of Design Basis and Functional Specifications for field developments.
- Support and influence the Operator design to improve project definition, execution, risk profile and economics.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of relative risk and uncertainty through participation in HAZID's, HAZOP's and Project Risk/Opportunity sessions.
- Take the lead in preparing and contribute to presentation materials to illustrate and communicate study and evaluation results.
- Utilize and apply company project delivery model process as part of the evaluation of new business development opportunities.
- Contribute to contracting strategy and bid process associated with Feasibility, Concept and Pre-FEED level study work scopes. Includes involvement in preparation of Expression of Interest (EOI) and Invitation to Bid (ITB) documentation, bid evaluation and award.
- Evaluate and assess new and emerging technologies. Participate in R&D initiatives, Joint Industry Projects (JIPs) and other technology ventures and share best practices within your working community
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Process, Petroleum or Naval Engineering discipline.
- 15 years of Oil and Gas Industry experience, preferably related to engineering and project execution. Minimum of 10 years of experience related to offshore developments.
- Front-end conceptual engineering, option evaluation and field development planning.
- Proven Floating Production System Offloading (FPSO) experience (Hull, Turret, Topsides).
- Project cost & schedule development and evaluation experience.
- Execution project experience including decision gate deliverables.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29541